Home Page
Museum Buildings
Grange Building
Union Meetinghouse
Benjamin Rowe House
Tours, Meetings, Programs
In Quest of History
Gilford Steamer Articles
Gift Shop
TAHS Involvement
About Us
School Days
As many as 15 one-room schoolhouses dotted the landscape of Gilford over the years. Some desks from the one-room schoolhouses are on display in T-AHS’s “School Days” area, as are photographs and memorabilia from Gilford’s early schoolhouses.

T-AHS’s “School Days” theme area highlights the date of May 3, 1939, the day that Gilford’s new elementary school, the “consolidated school”, opened its doors for the first time. The oopening of this school happened several months ahead of schedule, by necessity, due to a fire in the Gilford Village School which was located on Potter Hill Road, behind the Grange building.

Included in the display case is a composite floor plan that shows the various stages of the Gilford Elementary School expansion.